Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mom's Thoughts


Keeping up with the action at the track in the 21st century. 
 
 How cool is technology that you can just turn on your computer wherever you are and watch live practice at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway?

 I will admit, we keep the live feed from the speedway on in the background as the kids are doing schoolwork and stuff (one of the benefits of homeschooling) because I just love the sounds of the cars on the track and hearing the announcers.




Of course my kids think nothing of it, it's all they know. 

So to help them appreciate the how lucky they are, I've told them about the 'old days'.

To keep up with what was happening at the track in the 70's and 80's my dad got a May monthly subscription to the Indianapolis Star newspaper.   Problem with that was that till the mail delivered them here to Eastern Pennsylvania it was three or four days old.  
I'm not complaining though, it was still great and I read the all the Indy news as soon as I got home from school each day.  My favorite columnist was Robin Miller because he knew lots of drivers and had the inside scoop of what was going on behind the scenes.
Now the inside scoop comes from drivers themselves from facebook, twitter or videos, which is fine with us, since we can never get enough of Indy.



No comments:

Post a Comment