Saturday, September 16, 2017

Josef Newgarden at Watkins Glen 2017

Josef finished 18th after starting 3rd
 
Josef locked up his tires exiting the pits on what should've been his final pit stop.  Unfortunately he hit the pit exit wall and was then rear-ended by Sebastien Bourdais.  He made repairs and continued but finished 18th.  :(



Laps completed: 58 
Laps Led:  1
Average Speed:  113.539 mph
Pit Stops: 7


Josef is still 1st in the Indycar season standings,
3 points
ahead of second place, Scott Dixon

Next up, the season finale at Sonoma Raceway
2016 Sonoma:  6th
Previous Races at Sonoma: 5
Average Finish: 16th


post by Alexandra (age 10)

PS:  I have been to 4 races that Josef has finished in 2nd place.
  I told him before the race at Watkins Glen that I hope to see him win a race in person sometime. 
He is so nice that after not doing well in the race and all his interviews he came up to the fence by the pits where I was standing and said he was sorry he didn't win the race for me to see.  
Thanks, Josef.
That's why I will always be your biggest fan!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment