Friday, September 09, 2016

Josef Newgarden Update Watkins Glen 2016

Josef started 12th
after two difficult practice sessions.
In practice 1 he blew a tire and in the 2nd practice he crashed. 
His really good crew was able to get the car fixed and better than ever so he could finish second to the untouchable Scott Dixon.
 
Josef is now 5th in points, just 5 points out of third, and has a chance to finish as high as second in the Indycar championship!
 
 
 I was watching Josef's car go through spec on race day morning and they let me stand by his car and get a picture!!!
 
Later, about 2 hours before the race, I was watching Josef's crew at his garage, and they said I could come in and watch, and then they lifted me into his car!!!
 
 
And the day kept getting better, because as Josef was leaving his garage for driver introductions I got to give him a hug and wish him good luck!!! 
 
And finally,
a nice man from Watkins Glen let us into victory circle as we were walking by with eight laps left.  So we got to see Josef come into victory lane and I could see him on the podium receiving his trophy and spraying champagne.
 
It was really fun!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
 
 
 
 
Thank you Josef, the #21 crew and the nice people at race spec and Watkins Glen!
 
Posted by Alex (age 9)
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment