Friday, September 11, 2015

Josef Newgarden update. Sonoma.


Josef did really well in qualifying
and started 2nd to Sonoma master, Will Power.

cool photo from racer.com
 
He ran second most of the first half of the race, even after Simon Pagenaud briefly trapped him in his pit box by stopping to let Will Power out. (I really like Pagenaud, but I was not happy about that).
 
Josef ran second behind Scott Dixon for a while too, but then Josef had a bad pit stop.  He stalled the car and then there was a fire and then he ended up a lap down.
 
He finished 21st in the race and 7th in the Indycar season final points standings.  I think he was as high as fourth in points at one time in the race!
 
I'll miss watching him racing but I like that he posts to twitter sometimes so I still get to see him during the offseason. 
 
 

posted by Alexandra (age 8)


No comments:

Post a Comment